Sunday, February 3, 2008

Recap

Another week! I just got back from watching the Super Bowl and I was not expecting a game like that! Low scoring, defensive football and one absolutely crazy pass from Manning to Tyree. Is it wrong to be happy that the Patriots lost? However, if history is any indication, I won't even remember this game in 6 months.

I think I'm going to do something new on Sundays and try to come up with the main idea of each chapter I read. Something that is easily memorizable so I can say things like "Parable of the Sower? That's in Mark Chapter 4!" and impress my friends and wow the ladies.

1 - Jesus is Baptized
2 - Jesus heals the Paralytic his friends drop through the roof
3 - Jesus Appoints the Twelve Disciples
4 - The Parable of the Sower
5 - The Demoniac of the Gadarenes

So, what did I learn?
People can be in the church and have a demon. (But they can't be in Christ and have a demon)
Jesus got up early in the morning to pray. (I get up early in the morning to pee)
The paralytic's friends wanted him healed so desperately they were willing to do whatever it took to get him in front of Jesus. (What have I done for my friends?)
Whoever does God's will is in God's family (and those who don't do God's will....)
Understanding the Parable of the Sower is key to understanding all the parables. (I should probably spend some time on that)


Before I forget, I think I'm going to start taking note of every time someone comes to Christ for healing versus the times Christ goes to the person and asks if they want to be healed. I've noticed that there are a few differences when that happens and I'd like to see what those differences are.

Well, tomorrow I will continue with Mark Chapters 6-10. See ya then.

No comments: