Monday, February 11, 2008

So I've gone a whole week without posting. Why? you ask. Just laziness more than anything. I read what I wanted to read but now I am seeing that I haven't retained it as well as other weeks of reading because I didn't write anything about it. So one day this week I'm going to go back and outline Chapters 6-10 and look at them again. But for now I will skip directly to chapter 11.

XI Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem, clearing of the Temple
A. vs 1-11 Jesus enters Jerusalem
1. vs 1-3 Jesus sends His disciples to find a colt
2. vs 4-11 Jesus enters to shouts of "Hosanna" then leaves for Bethany
B. vs 12-19 Jesus clears the Temple
1. vs 12-14 Jesus curses a fig tree
2. vs 15-17 Jesus overturns the temple tables
3. vs 18-19 The Priests begin looking for a way to kill Him
C. vs 20-26 The withered Fig Tree
1. vs 20-21 Peter notices the withered fig tree
2. vs 22-26 Jesus teaches us to believe we have received what we ask for in prayer
D. vs 27-33 Jesus is questioned
1. vs 27-28 Jesus is asked by whose authority He is teaching
2. vs 29-30 Jesus asks whose authority John's teaching was from
3. vs 31-33 The teachers can not answer so Jesus refuses to answer their questions

No comments: