Monday, July 28, 2008

1 John 1

We write this to make our joy complete - 1 John 1:4

In all the years I spent as a Youth Pastor and now Senior Pastor I have known this sentiment several times. There is something special one someone listens to what you teach and then puts it into practice. You work hard to make the Word of God come alive and be relevant, you pray and seek God for anointing and that He would use what you are saying, but that is no guarantee that anyone will really listen. As soon as it comes out of your mouth it's in the Lord's hands and totally His decision about what to do with it. Will it make any impact? Will it take root? Who knows? But when it does, when someone tells you how they are making commitments to dig deeper in the Word, or spending more time in prayer, or sharing their faith every time they get the opportunity, it increases my joy. It is a thrill to be able to be used by God to further His Kingdom and I love to delight in the fruit God brings to my ministry. Let me encourage you, if any minister has increased your love for the Lord, let them know that their joy may be made complete.

No comments: