Monday, July 14, 2008

John 10

X The Good Shepherd, The Unbelieving Jews

A. vs 1-21 The Good Shepherd

1. vs 1-6 Jesus compares His followers to sheep that He shepherds

2. vs 7-10 Sheep will find life in Him but the thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy

3. vs 11-13 Jesus is the Good Shepherd who lays down His life for His sheep

4. vs 14-18 Jesus has the authority to not only lay down His life but to pick it back up also

5. vs 19-21 This teaching again divided the Jews into believers and nonbelievers

B. vs 22-42 The Unbelieving Jews

1. vs 22-24 The Jews want Him to say clearly that He is the Christ

2. vs 25-30 No one can snatch Christ's sheep out of His hand

3. vs 31-33 The Jews threaten to stone Him for blasphemy

4. vs 34-39 He tells them to believe on Him and His miracles

5. vs 40-42 Many of John the Baptist's old followers believe in Jesus



My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. John 10: 27-28



Here is a truth that I was very unsure about for much of my Christian walk. I wasn't sure if salvation could be lost or not. If it couldn't be lost, what do we do with all the people who "asked Jesus in to their heart" but showed no sign of salvation? If it could be lost, what loses it? At what point is someone no longer saved? Thank God He allowed my questions to be answered by showing me His truth in His Word. Once we are saved we are always saved and the proof of salvation is we bear fruit until the end comes. If Jesus is my Lord, nothing can snatch me out of His hand. If I ever turn my back on Him and walk away, it is proof that I was never saved to begin with. Now I can rest safe in His arms, not trying to earn my salvation and work hard knowing that I am increasing His Glory.

No comments: