Monday, April 7, 2008

What did I learn?

What did I learn in Acts 1-6?
Acts 1:2 says that Jesus gave instructions to the Apostles through the Holy Spirit. What does that mean? (Was He not there, or was this an example of two persons of the Trinity working together?)
The Apostles chose Matthias to replace Judas. (I think God chose Paul)
Peter preaches on the street corner (I want to do this)
Peter says "Repent and be baptized" (I would probably have said, Give your heart to Jesus) (And I would have been wrong)
Acts 2 has not just the birth of the Church but the structure also. (Evangelism, Teaching, Fellowship, Prayer, and Worship)
Peter and John had a boldness I envy (and covet)
The apostles rejoiced that they were counted worthy to suffer for His Name (most of us whine over even the slightest inconvenience)

No comments: