Monday, January 28, 2008

Another week

Done with another week. Titus was very good but covered a lot of the same ground as the two letters to Timothy. Philemon was interesting but I always found it a little manipulative of Paul. Perhaps I should look at it the other way and see the lengths we should go to for a friend. For some reason I put myself in Philemon's place and almost take offensive for him, instead of Onesimus' place and see what Paul was willing to write for him. So, what did I learn.

Titus was given a mission to accomplish on Crete. (What is my mission?)

Leadership must meet qualifications. (Saves a lot of heartache in the future, I'm sure)

Some claim to know God but deny Him by their actions (By their fruit...)

Paul list exactly what Titus should teach and to whom. (Then is given the freedom on how exactly to get the message across)

Don't let anyone despise you. (Easier said than done sometimes)

The Gospel causes people to devote themselves to doing good (How will the people know what God requires of them if the Pastors do not tell them)

The sharing of your faith allows a full understanding of the Gospel (No wonder so many Christians are so shallow theologically)

Good stuff! I think tomorrow I want to start a Gospel. Perhaps Mark. Til then.


No comments: